May 5, 2014
Today we talked about mentorship and its value to entrepreneurs on CFAX 1070. Oliver Perez who I worked with at my last business and who has since gone on to build up the very successful IT consulting firm http://www.multitrends.com joined us.
As always, fast forward to about 32 minutes and listen in: https://soundcloud.com/ian-jessop-cfax/may-5-2pm
Three of BC’s best entrepreneurs discussed during the March 3 segment on entrepreneurship – CFAX 1070
March 3, 2014
Today we talk about three of British Columbia’s leading entrepreneurs and their stories. Click this link and fast forward to about 32 minutes:
February 3, 2014
Today Ian and I talked tourism and franchises. Tune in at the link below and fast forward to about 32 minutes in for the 1/2 hours segment.
January 27, 2014
Here’s an article in the current edition of Inc. magazine that might be of interest to business owners.
My observation of the BC market is this:
– lots of baby-boomer business owners are hanging on in order to improve their financial statements after the 2008/2009 downturn
– US private equity firms and firms from Ontario are sitting on lots of committed capital and have to put it to work. That’s having the effect of making it a sellers’ market for businesses with more than $5,000,000 EBITDA.
– There is a dearth of really good small businesses with $500,000 to $1,000,000 EBITDA which is also making that a sellers’ market.
– The next five years will see a shift with an increase in the number of businesses for sale and fewer buyers after having already put their capital to work.
– It will shift to a buyers’ market.
Enjoy the article.
December 3, 2013
This month we talk about the “Twelve Days of Christmas”, or the twelve things entrepreneurs should be thinking about as they plan for 2014.
Click the link here: http://www.cfax1070.com/Media/CFAX-Podcasts/Ian-Jessop/December-2-2013-2pm
November 4, 2013
This month we discussed business failures. Failures are an important part of the business process. Successful entrepreneurs pick themselves up, dust themselves off and learn from their failures. Often times the most successful entrepreneurs have had the most spectacular failures.
Warren Buffett estimates that his biggest failure has cost him $100 billion. I discuss this and others on today’s CFAX 1070 show at 2:30pm.
Click this link and fast forward to about 32 minutes: http://www.cfax1070.com/Media/CFAX-Podcasts/Ian-Jessop/November-4-2013-2pm.
October 8, 2013
This is the first of a monthly segment on entrepreneurship airing on CFAX 1070 in Victoria. It runs at 2:30pm on the first Monday of each month.
During this show we talk about my background, the importance of passion, skill and an effective financial engine and, finally, why we’re doing this segment on entrepreneurship.
I hope you enjoy it (fast forward to about 32 minutes).