Mistakes made, lessons learned and when entrepreneurship isn’t for you all on CFAX 1070 today
March 2, 2015
Today Ian Jessop and I talked about some of lessons I’ve learned through building, running and selling two of my businesses.
Click this link and fast forward to about 32 minutes and listen in: https://soundcloud.com/ian-jessop-cfax/march-2-2pm
Some of those key lessons include:
– focus on customer cash over all other sources of cash;
– let underperforming staff go more quickly, and;
– invest less of my own money and grow the business more from customer cash than equity.
We also talked about how entrepreneurship isn’t for everyone and there are good arguments for some to go the job route. Some of these include:
– paid education;
– being held accountable by your employer;
– being part of bigger game;
– forming meaningful relationships, and;
– having more disposable income.
Refer to this entrepreneur.com article for more insights: http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/242951.